Sunday, April 13, 2014

Back to making


There is more to add to our winter trip: Georgetown, which I loved so much, Singapore, and then Kuala Lumpur, which was everything I had expected when I planned our trip. I'll get back to it, but I also want to write about things I've been making for the past few months.

On the knitting side, I'm happy. I knitted not only one, but 2 pairs of socks! First pair was knitted in Asia; after trying so many times before, it finally happened, thanks to my new Knit picks rainbow wood DPN. These needles are perfect, not as slippery as metal ones, not as sticky as bamboo needles.
First pair

2nd pair
Pattern for both pair is Vivace from Sweet Paprika designs. I'm totally biased, since Elizabeth, one of the owners of that company, is the one who taught me to knit, but I just love how she writes her patterns, this one is very easy to follow for a first pair of socks. And I love the picots! 

Another thing I knitted is a pair of little converse for a baby. Both his parents love sports, so chances are that he will too! Patterns is this: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/converse-baby-booties, but I didn't find it that easy to follow, and I don't know why. I'll have to take a closer look at it before I try it again. 


And I just started Fuse, for the 5th or 6th time? But this time, having experienced socks, DPN don't scare me anymore, and I think that it's going to be ok. 

First sleeve
I've also been sewing. The dress I started last summer became my sewing class project, then was pushed aside while I made a tunic that I brought (and wore almost every day) in Asia. 

Comfy at the Singapore zoo



But now, I'm almost done with the dress as well. I might even finish it this week; I'm excited that I'll soon be able to wear it, since it will be perfect for spring. And I'm also excited about starting something new! 
I'd like to make myself a skirt and a few tops before I go on vacations at the end of June. 

Missing the hems and a few red buttons! 
But that's not it! I wove a little bit as well! 

I'm also done with the 3rd baby blanket. It's off the loom, and I'm working on the hems before I try to add a crochet border. 

I love the natural colours! 

And I started the 4th (and last) blanket: 


Time to plan new projects! Hurray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment