Sunday, November 4, 2012

Brasov ethnographic museum

I don't have much to say this week, I didn't knit at all, because I was too busy doing my sewing homework.
So instead, I'm going to post a few pictures I took at the Brasov ethnographic museum, in Romania. That's a lot of pictures, I hope you enjoy!


The permanent exhibition is titled Textile heritage, and that's exactly what it was, a journey through all the textiles traditions that are handed down from generation to generation.

Woven veil. I'm not really there yet...

Thing to work with linen

There is no doubt that I fell in love with textiles while visiting Romania. I visited countless "nice rooms", filed with textiles woven, sewn or embroidered by women I met. Visiting ethnographic museum is almost like a pilgrimage for me.









I think that some friends who are wondering how to weave a belt will enjoy this picture! 





Add caption

weaving pattern



So many details

ribbon loom
 This was the most intriguing piece of the museum. It was huge!
The patterns are entered on a cardboard

And here is the result

It's still working!

Sample





There were several short videos of ladies showing their art, here it is Hardhanger

Add caption
I hope you enjoyed. Don't hesitate to write comments if you have questions. I bought the book of the exhibition, and it is in French, so I'll probably be able to find the answers easily! More pictures of the "textile trip" coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment