Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nice day for skating!

This morning, we decided to go try the skating rink at the port. The weather was beautiful and sunny, but the weather forecast for Trois-Rivières was -10 celcius. A little chilly. I decided to take no chance, and dressed up as if I was about to go spend the day in an igloo. I put on 2 of everything! (2 hats, 2 pairs of socks, 3 sweaters, a pair of mittens over a pair of gloves, long johns under my winter pants..) and off we went skating!

getting ready to go
Now, I haven't skated in years...and the last few times I tried, it was not very successful...so I was a little worried to look like a fool in front of my man and in front of all the children who were there.


But everything went well, as soon as my man reminded me to bend my knees...it went much better than it had in all the other previous times! I actually really enjoyed it! And I did not fall once!

still have to work on the elegance...
 The weather really was gorgeous...no wind at all, which means I got hot really quickly!

We did not stay too long, but as we were leaving, I saw an older lady (over 70 years old, for sure) putting her skates on. She was tall, elegant, holding herself very straight, wearing a cute little beret and a nice coat. She put on her mp3 player, and hop, went skating. She instantly became one of my numerous idols. I want to be like her when I grow up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment