Friday, January 28, 2011

January blues

I think it is normal to feel a little blue in January - it is still winter, it is dark, it is colder then it was in December, but we do not have the Holidays to look for.

In my case, I had planned for a cozy January. I knew I would get stressed with starting a new job while continuing for a little while with the old one, and I knew that going to Cuba or anywhere else warm to calm down is not an option until I finish my contract in Montreal, so the only plans I made were to knit while drinking tea.

At the beginning of the month, I caught the famous "startitis", which, according to my (blogs) reading, seems to have affected a large portion of the knitter population out there. Unfortunately, not being a very strong knitter yet, I also caught, almost at the same time, the "mistakitis". I have 4 knitting projects waiting for me, each of them with a mistake that I cannot fix in it (and believe me, I managed to fix several mistakes before I gave up!!!).

So I have the nice cardigan I started back in April when I first learned to knit, the nice warm hat I started after our knitting trip to Montreal, the baby vest I started over the holidays when my mother came to visit, and the socks I need to get going for a course that is coming up soon. I also have 100 other ideas of things I want to start, but I think I should finish at least one thing before I start another one. I mean, I don't mind working on several things at the same time, but I have to finish something from time to time to keep me going.

unfinished work


I'm impatiently waiting for my friend, teacher and mentor Elizabeth to come back from Cuba. We need a serious Skype knitting session. We've been talking about doing it for ages, and now is the time to do it.

I'm also looking forward to see my mom, so she can explain to me where she left the baby vest at. She has this bad habit of jumping on my knitting when she sees me, and then, she just says, oh, that's really cute and easy, can you send me the pattern as she knits it at the speed of the light, and then I have no idea where I am in the pattern. (I'm a beginner! I still have trouble counting my rows!)

Until I see any of them, I keep staring at my whanabe knittings, and I'm looking forward to February, it should get better, no?

1 comment:

  1. January is over, knitting is back on track, hopefully February is a better month so far! Let me know when you're ready for another Skype knitting session - maybe next Thursday?

    ReplyDelete