Friday, January 14, 2011

The farmers' adventures in the big city

Last Friday, it was my last day off before I went back (part time) to my usual job (Program officer for a Human rights Education organisation), and before I started my new other part time job at the local university. 

Some of my new friends from the farmers' circle and I decided to go for a tour of the yarn, fabric, buttons and ribbons stores of Montreal with some of my friends from Montreal. We left Trois-Rivières at 8:45, and by 10:30 we were at our first stop: Elizabeth's apartment, where we got to look at her new loom, but also at her nice designs and hand died yarn. We even got to start stocking up with some yarn she didn't need anymore.

Then, off to the first 2 places, in NDG: Emeline et Annabelle, a cute and friendly sewing studio and, just next door, Tricot quartier, a "modern knitterie", as they call themselves. There I started to indulge: I got myself a set of Denise interchangeable knitting needles. I love them.

Following this first very intensive visit, we went out for lunch at one of my favourite Thai place. We cannot find anything like that yet in 3R!

We then probably spent at least 2 hours at Ariadne, getting yarn, needles, patterns, books and a lot of advices from Elizabeth.


Next destination (after a café au lait and French pastries stop) : Effilochée, which is both a knitting and sewing lounge! What else can we ask for? After another loooong time spent there, we went a little further on the same street to visit Rubans boutons, a store that clearly sells buttons and ribbons!
That was supposed to be the last store for the day, but only a few meters further we saw Flashe verte, where we also found pretty button and other types of accessories.

After a nice dinner at Dev, my favourite Indian restaurant, my farmer friends drove back home, while I went back to Elizabeth's for the night. I managed to knit a few row of this beautiful hat from Ms Cleaver before I fell asleep, exhausted by our busy day...

1 comment: